- How big is the Chamber?
- We average 175+ members, 2 staff people, a budget of $150,000, 7 committees and task forces with more than 50 active volunteers. Boardman is the largest city in Morrow County, and our Chamber is the largest.
- How can I get the most out of my membership?
- Our most satisfied members seem to be those who attend meetings and activities, and who use us as a source for information. We've long believed that business with the Chamber is the perfect place to make contacts with potential new customers for your buisness. Attend networking events, the monthly luncheon, or stop by the Chamber office and visit with the staff. They are there to help you whether it's ideas on advertising, marketing strategies or research. Your partnership with the Chamber makes good business sense.
- How do I advertise through the Chamber?
- The Chamber's monthly newsletter offers member-businessess an opportunity to advertise. The Business Directory offers an opportunity to advertise with "line" and "display" advertising. You will be contacted prior to the time we print the directory for advertising purchase and placement. Contact the Chamber office for other advertising opportunities.
- How do we get on a committee or task force?
- Any member or their employee may join any committee or task force. The Chamber announces committeee meetings in the newsletter and the North Morrow Times. Our members provide us our "talent book" for our various events. Give us a call!
- How does the Chamber work?
- Action groups, known as committees and task forces are the backbone of the Chamber. They involve active members working together, studying problems, seeking solutions and exploring new ideas. Busy men and women give their time, talents and energy to help the area realize its full potential.
- How is the Chamber funded?
- The Chamber is financed by the membership dues of its members, premium donations by members, lodging tax and event fund raising. Any individual or business wishing to play a role in Boardman's growth and development is invited to become a member. Chamber membership is an investment in the present and future welfare of each individual in the Greater Boardman area. Chamber dues are tax deductible as a business expense.
- How is the Chamber related to "City Hall"?
- While the Chamber is not part of city government, we work very closely with the mayor, city council and city manager. Boardman's city manager is a good resource and contact person, who has an "open door" policy with the Chamber and members of the community.
- If I'm busy and can't attend an event, are any of my employees eligible to attend?
- All of your employees are welcome to attend, either in your place or with you. If fact, many of our seminars, hands-on workshops and committees are aimed at employees, so watch for flyers announcing programs and committeees that might be of interest to you and your employees.
- What is the Chamber?
- The Boardman Chamber of Commerce is a volunteer business organization of 175+ members, both businesses and individuals, who have joined together to advance the business interests of the Greater Boardman area. We are a visitor's information bureau, information clearing house, a public relations medium and counselor, a legislative representative at the local, state and national levels, and a research and promotions medium for the area.
- When are meetings held?
- Meetings of our committees and task forces are held at varying times each month, but there are two gatherings that occur on a regular basis.
General Membership Lunch - held on the third Wednesday of each month at the Port of Morrow Conference Center from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Lunch is by reservation only and a cost of $8.50 for the lunch does apply. A variety of speakers, debates and entertainment are scheduled.
Board Meetings - The Board of Directors meet on the second Tuesday of each month to discuss issues, problems and find solutions. Members of the chamber are invited to attend the 7:00 a.m. meeting held at the Marina Park Office.
- Who runs the Chamber?
- A Board of Directors of 10 members serving terms up to three years representing all segments of Chamber businesses. A list of directors can be found in the Chamber Membership section of this web site.