Thank you for your support:
Feedyard Accounting Specialist
Location: Boardman Feedyard, Boardman, OR
Hours: Four days/week, 10 hour days and the last day of the month regardless of when it falls
The Feedyard Accounting Specialist supports the accurate and efficient operation of the office and its associated administrative functions. This position required high attention to detail; and excellent organization; communication and time management skills. This position works very closely with the Feedlot Manager, Office Manager, Cattle Analyst, Commodity Analyst and all Yard Supervisors.
Reports to: Shelby Krebs (Office Manager)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- receiving and owner/background information, feeding and veterinary record keeping, pen movements, deaths, shipments and final performance and financial information
- maintain complete, up-to-date files of all cattle records in paperless filing system
- weekly and monthly reporting
- order and enter medicine weekly
- distribute information to customers
- ticket entry, contract creation and management, scheduling and ordering, QA reporting, freight entry
- Commodity and trade accounts payable.
- Medicine, commodity and fuel inventory.
- Knowledge & ability to learn feedyard database systems (Turnkey & MicroBeef)
- Microsoft Excel Experience
- Excellent Customer Service
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexibility & Interest to learn all aspects of the feedlot industry
- Highly Organized
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Good Problem-Solving Skills
- 2-year degree in Accounting/Bookkeeping preferred but not required