Thank you for your support:
Child Care Head Teacher
To plan, coordinate, and implement a full-day child development program to provide children and families with comprehensive quality services that meet the needs of working families of preschoolers, infants, and toddlers in compliance with the federal and state standards.
Education : Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred; Associates Degree in ECE with experience required. Enroll in the Oregon Registry Online (ORO) to receive a Step Certificate.
- Establish an environment that will stimulate a desire for learning, independence, and self-esteem for both parents and children, both indoor and outdoor.
- Develop daily plans and individual activity plans one week in advance and document in the Daily Plan Book
- Along with the parents, assess each childs developmental needs and develop individual goals according to their individual interests, abilities, individual traits, and development. Ensure that goals are carried out through home and classroom activities
- Conduct Parent/Staff conferences two times per year, with input from Head Teacher, Directors, and team members
- Ensure classroom activities are developmentally appropriate and carried out according to the Child Care Division (CCD) and the Common Core State Standards: Pre-K; philosophy, policies, and procedures
- Provide for the constant supervision of all children
- Ensure the center complies with State Licensing requirements as outlined by Rules for The Certification of Child Care Centers from the office of Child Care Division (CCD).
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of assistants utilized in the center.
- Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member by communicating and contributing information on a continuous basis.
- Continue professional development to maintain annual licensure and fulfill the requirements of the CCD.
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Inspect and have replaced any damaged or lost materials
- Conduct monthly emergency drills
- Additional responsibilities outside of the Families First Child Care Center may be assigned as the needs of the program and your time allows.
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Previous Head Start and/or Early Head Start, Infant/Toddlers, daycare experience
- Supervisory experience
- Current CPR, First Aid, and Food Handlers cards
- Early Learning Division/Child Care Division required training
- Adequate means of transportation
- Case management experience (preferred)
- Previous Head Start or early childhood experience (preferred)
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, crawl on the floor, run, jump and play
- Bilingual (preferred)
- Background check required and employment is contingent on being authorized to work with children with NO convictions of crimes related to SEX, DRUGS, VIOLENCE, PORNOGRAPHY
- Pre-Hire COVID-19 testing
- Pre-Hire Drug testing required and subject to re-testing for reasonable suspicion
Factors for Excellence and Performance
- Job Knowledge-Has attended all required training classes and maintains the state-required hours of continuous education (16 hours) in this field.
- Availability-One or less absence or tardy in 30 day period of time excused or unexcused.
- Reliability-Always on time and ready to meet the students.
- Initiative-Does not walk by items or situations that need attention. Reports issues to the supervisor.
- Adherence to Policy-Adheres to all safety, conduct rules, company policies, and procedures.
- Interpersonal Relationships-Smiles when communicating with others. Speaks about positive things when communicating with others.
- Judgement-Makes good decisions regarding the children. Asks the supervisor for clear instructions when necessary. Informs supervisor of any concerns.