The POM Civil Engineer will design, plan and supervise the construction of infrastructure projects such as buildings, bridges, roads, pipelines, water and sewage systems. They will ensure each project is feasible by analyzing local and environmental impacts and making sure that they can be completed on time within the budget restrictions.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
· Consults with and provides guidance to managerial staff regarding engineering requirements for construction of various designs, modifications, and structural repairs.
· Uses design software and drawing tools to accurately render and communicate designs.
· Sets design specifications by computing load and grade requirements, material stress factors, water flow rates, and similar parameters.
· Plans projects based on the analysis of relevant materials such as drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, survey reports, maps, and other geologic and topographical data.
· Drafts and presents reports on topics related to projects such as environmental impact statements and right-of-way descriptions.
· Completes and submits all permit applications to the appropriate agencies and ensures compliance.
· Estimates materials, equipment, and labor needed to determine project costs.
· Collaborates with contractors to ensure projects progress properly.
· Collaborates with surveyors (or directs and participates in surveying) to establish installations or reference points, grades, elevations, and other factors that will affect construction.
· Monitors project progress and ensures design specifications, safety, and sanitation standards are met.
· On completion of a project, inspects, repairs, and maintains the structures as needed.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills:
· Civil 3D proficiency
· Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Microsoft Project
· Thorough understanding of civil engineering principles, practices and tools
· Thorough understanding of materials, methods and tools involved in construction
· Thorough understanding of safety regulations
· Design skills
· Site development
· Problem solving
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· B.S. in Civil, Environmental, or related engineering field
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in civil project design
· P.E. in the state of Oregon or the ability to obtain within 6 months (reciprocity)
The Port of Morrow has a very competitive benefit package currently including:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance starts the first of the month following 60 days of employment. Currently the Port pays 100% of family coverage.
The Port will fund $2000 into and HRA-VEBA account yearly to assist with deductible and copay amounts.
Short-term and Long-term disability benefits available. Premium is paid by the Port.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is available. Participation is voluntary and paid by employee.
Aflac is available. Participation is voluntary and paid by the employee.
Retirement 401A Plan is mandatory participation with employee contribution of 6% immediately and Employer match of 9% annually at end of the fiscal year. Vesting of employer match is 100% at 6th year.
Vacation accrues at 2 weeks for the first year (3.1 hours per pay period), and at 3 weeks (4.7 hours per pay period) during years 2-4.
Sick leave accrues 52 hours each year. 16 of these hours per year may be used as personal leave.
Annual membership to Life Flight is paid by the Port.
Employee membership to the Boardman Pool and Rec Center, paid by the Port. You can add family members at your cost.