Thank you for your support:
Boiler & Refrigeration Mechanic - West
Job Description Summary
The primary role of this position is support of supervision in managing and directing maintenance operations. Individuals must demonstrate effective and positive leadership skills. This position assists in administering company plans, policies, and procedures. This position is responsible for optimizing productivity and maintaining target quality and sanitation levels. Must have knowledge of plant safety, personal hygiene, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and assist in administering these policies.
Accomplishes assigned repair and maintenance functions throughout the plant in an orderly and timely manner.
This position is responsible for start up, operation and shutdown of boiler and refrigeration equipment to assure its proper operation. Performs maintenance activities to maximize plant production.
- Ensures boiler and refrigeration system and related equipment are properly operated and maintained in an efficient manner.
- Typical activities will include troubleshooting, removal, installation, disassembly, repair, and assembly of boiler and refrigeration equipment.
- Performs routine checks and preventive maintenance established by the maintenance lead and maintenance team leader.
- Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions.
- May be required to perform emergency repairs with a minimum of supervision.
- Communicates boiler operations needs with production and maintenance departments, assuring safety requirements are met.
- Enforces and adheres to company and plant policies, work rules, and procedures.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Operates a forklift in a safe manner
- Performs other duties as assigned by team leader
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- 2-3 years in HVAC or Manufacturing Industry experience - OR -
- Recent graduate from a Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) Technology program.
- Ability to meet all qualifications and expectations of a level 1, 11, and 11 Mechanic.
- Must be able to work 12 hours shift including weekends and holidays.
- Be proficient in mathematical calculation to the level used in Maintenance Mathematics. (Fractions, ratios, areas, circumferences, volumes, torques, tangents)
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to sit, and frequently required to stand and walk throughout the plant.
- Will be required to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- To work with loud noise, fumes, airborne particles, and in hot/humid or cold environments.
Time Type: Full time
In compliance with applicable state and local laws, Lamb Weston has opted to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to this position and takes into account a number of variables. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to a candidate’s work location, job duties, experience and expertise. A reasonable hourly estimate of the range for this role based on the variables previously mentioned is: $32.85