Industrial Electrician Mechanic
We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed and fiber to over 19,800 customers who range from multi-national, world famous brands to small family run businesses.
Each customer depends on us to provide goods and services that are safe, on-time and consistently in line with the required specification. They also rely on us to help them innovate and create new opportunities.
Established in 1989, and now listed on the Singapore Exchange, our team of 74,500 full-time, seasonal, and contract employees have built leadership positions in many of our businesses such as Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton, Edible Nuts and Spices.
As well as growing crops in our own orchards and estates, and sourcing from around 4.8 million farmers globally, we operate over 160 processing facilities, and through our 14 innovation centers. We develop ingredients and find solutions for our customers. Our value chain spans over 60 countries. We also provide support services including risk management solutions and agri-logistics.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Industrial Electrician Mechanic will be responsible for installations of electrical control systems, wiring, and components. Safe repair of industrial electrical and mechanical equipment. Strong trouble-shooting abilities. Special project coordination and technical support.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical faults, plc's, low-high voltage electrical installations, VFD's and valves, as needed for plant maintenance
- Ability to use electrical testing equipment (i.e. meters, ammeters, testers, megohmmeter, etc.)
- Adhere to strict safety controls and compliance for the safe operation of equipment, components and personal health and safety
- Perform periodic inspections of electrical systems, providing support for system upgrades and replacements
- Inspect newly installed electrical equipment and lighting to ensure safe operation as well as code compliance
- Installations of electrical wiring, panel construction, control systems, and electrical components
- Maximize uptime, ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing work orders and preventive maintenance requirements on engines,
- motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines; troubleshooting of malfunctions.
- Maintain accurate records of work performed, materials used, and associated costs as necessary for project tracking
- Participation in employee training as it relates to GMP's, Health and Safety, periodic technical training as it relates to internal development
- Daily maintenance shop housekeeping/organization in compliance with Food Safety and GMP Housekeeping programs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Education or GED required
- Industrial Electrical Technical courses in Industrial Technology and/or
- 3-5 years’ work experience in the industrial electrical installations, repairs and technical support for industrial equipment, electrical controls, and ancillary equipment.
- Skilled in all phases of Maintenance to include mechanical and welding. Ability to read meters, schematic diagrams, blueprints, rules, and other measuring instruments.
- MUST be available to work extended days and hours (10- or 12-hour shifts)
- Strong team player - good communication (written and verbal), with the ability to train others.
- Self-motivated with a strong dedication for success, taking pride in workmanship.
- Work effectively in a team environment, positive attitude.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: US-Talent.Acquisition@olamnet.com
At Olam, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.