Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed and fiber to over 19,800 customers who range from multi-national, world famous brands to small family run businesses.
Each customer depends on us to provide goods and services that are safe, on-time and consistently in line with the required specification. They also rely on us to help them innovate and create new opportunities.
Established in 1989, and now listed on the Singapore Exchange, our team of 74,500 full-time, seasonal, and contract employees have built leadership positions in many of our businesses such as Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton, Edible Nuts and Spices.
As well as growing crops in our own orchards and estates, and sourcing from around 4.8 million farmers globally, we operate over 160 processing facilities, and through our 14 innovation centers. We develop ingredients and find solutions for our customers. Our value chain spans over 60 countries. We also provide support services including risk management solutions and agri-logistics.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic will maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment at the Plant and Port Warehouse. This role is responsible for on-shift equipment and facility maintenance, repair, and on-the-spot troubleshooting support. As part of the Maintenance Team, the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic will work to improve equipment efficiency and throughput by supporting improvement projects and performing preventative maintenance.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or post-secondary certificate required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience repairing industrial equipment is required
- Forklift certification is required
- HACCP certification is preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft office: Outlook, Word and Excel are required.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written is required. Ability to communicate with levels across the organization will be required.
- Ideal candidate will have the desire to problem-solve and continually improve Olam’s products and services.
- Will be required to work long days during both the season and off-season. Flexibility with work hours and location will be required
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. It is expected that all safety policies and procedures are followed and enforced in such situations.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: US-Talent.Acquisition@olamnet.com
At Olam, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.