Thank you for your support:
Maintenance Mechanic - East
Job Description Summary
Diagnoses maintenance problems, installs and sets up equipment, monitors the function of receiving and processing equipment to assure proper operation. Advises supervisory personnel on maintenance requirements, repairs equipment, and any maintenance activities to maximize plant production and uptime.
- Maintains safe work practices at all times and participates in safety programs.
- Performs and documents line checks and preventative maintenance (PM), including lubrication and inspection of equipment to prevent or identify failures.
- Performs and documents maintenance work, troubleshooting, removal or repair and adjustments of processing equipment; changes and replaces belts, sprockets, bearings, chains, motors, pumps, etc., and performs building repairs.
- Performs non-routine maintenance activities assigned by the Maintenance Team Leader or Production Team Leaders and will perform emergency repairs with a minimum of supervision.
- Performs structurally sound welds and acceptable cutting using appropriate welding equipment.
- Reads, writes and communicates in English by using prints, sketches, diagrams, operating instructions, work logs, work orders and technical manuals.
- Performs safety procedures for normally used chemicals.
- Demonstrates within 30 days of job assignment, ownership of proper tools for the job as specified by the company. ?
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- High School diploma or general education degree(GED)
- Two years of plant maintenance experience.
- Ability to meet all qualifications and expectations of a L1 and L2 Mechanic.
- Must be able to work 12 hours shift including weekends and holidays.
- Be proficient in mathematical calculation to the level used in Maintenance Mathematics. (Fractions, ratios, areas, circumferences, volumes, torques, tangents)
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to sit, and frequently required to stand and walk throughout the plant.
- Will be required to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- To work with loud noise, fumes, airborne particles, and in hot/humid or cold environments.
Time Type: Full time
In compliance with applicable state and local laws, Lamb Weston has opted to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to this position and takes into account a number of variables. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to a candidate’s work location, job duties, experience and expertise. A reasonable hourly estimate of the range for this role based on the variables previously mentioned is: $30.59