Front Desk Agent
- Ensures that all guests are greeted and offered friendly and professional service in a timely fashion.
- Performs registering guests into the hotel and assigning appropriate room.
- Provides a detailed explanation of all hotel facilities and amenities.
- Communicates check-in and check-out status to housekeeping department.
- Check guests out of hotel upon departure accurately following prescribed checkout procedure.
- Maintains organized, accurate reservation system for individual and group room bookings.
- Performs cashiering duties.
- Answer switchboard promptly and courteously. Route calls appropriately.
- Handle guest messages and mail.
- Maintains cleanliness of workplace.
- Obtains form of payment for all registered guests. Approval codes on all credit cards and personal checks
- Prepares and resolves discrepancy report each afternoon by comparing to housekeeping report with the front desk rack.
- Post advance deposits.
- Maintains phone rack for accurate listing of hotel guests.
- Relocate guests we are unable to accommodate.
- Enthusiastically sell property. Offer information on restaurant, lounge, pool and exercise facility.
- File check out registration cards and folios.
- Conduct personal behavior in a mature, professional, business manner when representing The River Lodge & Grill.
- Log all individual and group reservations to maintain accurate counts of rooms sold by night
- Communicates with sales department to ensure proper handling of group bookings
- Maintains availability board as necessary (4 months out) to insure maximum occupancies (not to exceed 100%) at highest rate possible
- Establish rapport with corporate reservation makers to encourage loyal patronage
- Block rooms to satisfy individual and group room requests
- Control rooms inventory
- Complies with all policies and procedures set forth by The River Lodge & Grill Employee Handbook
- Responsible for a predetermined dollar amount issued as a bank
- Cashing in and out
- Shift balancing
- Posting of all charges on micros
- Post of room and tax
- Shift checklist