We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed and fiber to over 19,800 customers who range from multi-national, world famous brands to small family run businesses.
Each customer depends on us to provide goods and services that are safe, on-time and consistently in line with the required specification. They also rely on us to help them innovate and create new opportunities.
Established in 1989, and now listed on the Singapore Exchange, our team of 74,500 full-time, seasonal, and contract employees have built leadership positions in many of our businesses such as Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton, Edible Nuts and Spices.
As well as growing crops in our own orchards and estates, and sourcing from around 4.8 million farmers globally, we operate over 160 processing facilities, and through our 14 innovation centers. We develop ingredients and find solutions for our customers. Our value chain spans over 60 countries. We also provide support services including risk management solutions and agri-logistics.
Reporting to the Production Supervisors, the Dryer Operator will run and operate the dryer equipment safely and efficiently while ensuring quality specifications are met at all times. The Dryer Operator will be responsible for controlling the daily production flow to meet production quotas as communicated by management. The Dryer Operator is expected to act in a proactive manner to ensure smooth and effective operations and report issues to management immediately.
- Operates the PLC control panel, checks the line and test runs the equipment for proper operation prior to start of shift.
- Meets production quotas and fulfills work orders as assigned while producing high quality product
- Maintains good product flow and dryer bed levels
- Coordinates with the Processing Lead to ensure production rates are being met
- Responsible for daily operations, documentation and reporting any failures to meet flow targets or quality specs/solids to management and maintaining production records and recipes for all product.
- Responsible for maintaining production records and recipes for all product
- Perform preventative maintenance and report any equipment issues to the Supervisor and Maintenance department.
- Check onion slices hourly, making sure the tower knives are gapped correctly and ensuring all onions going into the dryer are being sliced to the correct size.
- Check product moisture levels and color at each stage of the process.
- Operate dryer(s) to maximum efficiency, checking all zones to ensure proper drying, good quality, and good product color while maintaining effective operations.
- Adjust Dryers to address problems such as wet product, toasting, case hardening, and pink production.
- Constantly checks the dryer and equipment for failures and malfunctions
- Must have a good understanding of drying and packaging equipment
- Ensure production process follows Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs).
- Ability to identify and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
- Constantly looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Work in close communications with the Mill Lead and Processing Lead to ensure good product flow throughout the whole facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or post-secondary certificate preferred
- Six months to one-year related machine operator experience and/or training preferred
- Bilingual, English, and Spanish, is preferred
- Knowledge of quality standards and sanitation procedures preferred
- Safety orientated with the ability to recognize and correct safety issues required
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as ratios, production rates, and lbs. per hour required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form required
- Computer skills, including e-mail and Microsoft Office are required. Previous experience with SAP is preferred
- All Personnel are required to attend Food Safety Training Annually
- Mechanical aptitude required
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; conditions; extreme cold; heat and possible risk of electrical shock.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: US-Talent.Acquisition@olamnet.com
At Olam, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.