Thank you for your support:
General Laborer - West
The General Laborer inspects, sorts and removes defects from product being processed in a food production facility in a safe and effective manner. Takes direction from trim trainer and team leaders.
- Maintains safe work practices at all times and participates in safety programs.
- Rotates to all General Labor work stations to complete assigned tasks.
- Quickly assesses and removes foreign materials and nonstandard product from moving receiving and processing equipment as assigned using both hands.
- Hand sizes raw product on the trim line according to product specifications and Lamb Weston standards.
- Efficiently trims defects (cuts, rot, green, sugar ends, disease, etc...) from raw product to Lamb-Weston standards.
- Distributes product on processing equipment to maintain even product flow.
- Inspects raw product to ensure that it has been peeled, cut, cleaned and blanched, ready for final inspection or packaging.
- Performs hand-packing as assigned.
- Inspects bags in packaging and removes defective bags to Lamb-Weston's standards.
- Reports any irregular cuts or malfunction of food processing equipment as quickly as possible to the lead or team leaders
- Rework cased product into totes.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate to co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Tools and equipment used are as follows: computer terminal, calculator, telephone, and forklift.?
In compliance with applicable state and local laws, Lamb Weston has opted to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to this position and takes into account a number of variables. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to a candidate’s work location, job duties, experience and expertise. A reasonable hourly estimate of the range for this role based on the variables previously mentioned is: $17.00