Packaging General Labor
We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed and fiber to over 19,800 customers who range from multi-national, world famous brands to small family run businesses.
Each customer depends on us to provide goods and services that are safe, on-time and consistently in line with the required specification. They also rely on us to help them innovate and create new opportunities.
Established in 1989, and now listed on the Singapore Exchange, our team of 74,500 full-time, seasonal, and contract employees have built leadership positions in many of our businesses such as Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton, Edible Nuts and Spices.
As well as growing crops in our own orchards and estates, and sourcing from around 4.8 million farmers globally, we operate over 160 processing facilities, and through our 14 innovation centers. We develop ingredients and find solutions for our customers. Our value chain spans over 60 countries. We also provide support services including risk management solutions and agri-logistics.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Packaging General Laborer will assist in all aspects of packaging product, cleaning the packaging equipment and warehouse. The Packaging General Laborer will inspect all packaging materials and work closely with the quality department to ensure quality is consistent. The Packaging General Laborer should be able to act proactively to ensure smooth and effective operations and report issues to management immediately.
- Ensure material is weighed properly and bags are sealed correctly
- Inspect packaging materials for defects, and report any issues to lead or supervisor immediately.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and sanitary appearance of self and facility
- Perform all jobs in your area and be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Report any unsafe acts, or issues to management immediately
- Must have a good understanding of packaging equipment
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and Lock out/Tag out procedures
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality and safety.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, while looking for ways to improve and promote quality
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or secondary certificate, or equivalent hands-on work experience.
- Mechanically inclined with knowledge of basic hand tools preferred
- Knowledge of quality standards and sanitation procedures preferred
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals required
- Safety orientated with the ability to recognize and correct safety issues required
- Bilingual, English, and Spanish, is preferred
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; conditions; extreme cold; heat and possible risk of electrical shock.
- Food safety training required annually
- Forklift Certification may be required
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: US-Talent.Acquisition@olamnet.com
At Olam, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.