We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed and fiber to over 19,800 customers who range from multi-national, world famous brands to small family run businesses.
Each customer depends on us to provide goods and services that are safe, on-time and consistently in line with the required specification. They also rely on us to help them innovate and create new opportunities.
Established in 1989, and now listed on the Singapore Exchange, our team of 74,500 full-time, seasonal, and contract employees have built leadership positions in many of our businesses such as Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton, Edible Nuts and Spices.
As well as growing crops in our own orchards and estates, and sourcing from around 4.8 million farmers globally, we operate over 160 processing facilities, and through our 14 innovation centers. We develop ingredients and find solutions for our customers. Our value chain spans over 60 countries. We also provide support services including risk management solutions and agri-logistics.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Packaging Lead will oversee all aspects of the packaging operation. This role is responsible for supervising the effectiveness of the team and is required to provide guidance to support team members. The Packaging Lead should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth and effective operations and report issues to management immediately.
- Ensure crews know their assignments and produce the volume and quality to meet expectations.
- Ensure all packaging employees are trained on the correct process of weighing bags and proper bag sealing.
- Ensure packing materials are free of defects.If defects are detected packaging must be stopped immediately.
- Inspect all packaging during production work with QA to ensure quality is consistent
- Ensure all Forms are filled out correctly, neatly, and legibly with all appropriate signatures.
- Teach, communicate, and enforce all company policies and procedures
- Teach and train all personnel you supervise in the safe and sanitary operation of the plant and equipment
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and Lock out/Tag out procedures
- Work in safe manner, and always notify supervisor of any unsafe conditions
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality and safety
- Maintain a clean, neat, and sanitary appearance of self and facilities
- Perform all jobs in your area and be able to lift 60 lbs. frequently
- Inform Maintenance or Supervisor of any suspected machinery problems
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or post-secondary certificate preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in onion dehydration or other food industry experience preferred
- Six months in a leadership role or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Mechanical Aptitude is essential
- Bilingual, English, and Spanish, is preferred
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of quality standards and sanitation procedures preferred
- Safety orientated with the ability to recognize and correct safety issues required
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as ratios, production rates, and lbs. per hour required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form preferred
- Flexibility in work hours will be required.
- Computer skills, including e-mail and Microsoft Office are required. Previous experience with SAP is preferred
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; conditions; extreme cold; heat and possible risk of electrical shock.
- Forklift Certification may be required
- All Personnel are required to attend Food Safety Training Annually
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: US-Talent.Acquisition@olamnet.com
At Olam, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.