Thank you for your support:
Packaging Specialist 1
Duties include pilling finished product into packages, palletizing 45 lb. cases, box erection, insertion of liners in boxes, affixing labels and ink stamping on finished packages, inspecting final product for quality and sanitation of equipment. Supports all programs and policies that ensure that product is of the highest quality, meets specifications and is safe, legal and wholesome.
Benefits - Full Time Employees
- 401(k) with Company match
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company paid Life insurance
- Paid sick Leave/Paid time off
- 7 paid Holidays
- 5 extra Floating paid holidays
- Personal leave up to 60 days
- Free childcare
- Free Naturopathic doctor visits
- Pet insurance
- Scholarships opportunities
- College tuition reimbursement
- Cross-training options
- Career Building
Equal Opportunity Employer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Replenishes packing supplies such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, glue, ink or labels.
- Makes a quick visual inspection of product on inspection table and removes defects and reports other quality characteristics.
- Fills packages with finished products to the correct weight.
- Stacks finished boxes onto pallets and applies labels and other stamped ink mar4kings as required.
- Ensures finished product meets or exceeds Boardman Foods specifications for quality.
- Sanitizes and cleans equipment where trained and authorized.
- Understands and follows the procedure for entering and exiting the high care area, when trained and authorized to work in this area.
- Ensures understanding of the special procedures for cleaning the high care line and the the cleaning is at the highest level and meets the inspections requirements and micro standards on a regular basis, when trained and authorized to work in that area.
- Works as a team player and interacts well with the dream team to perform excellent cleaning in the allowed timeframe.
- Works positively with supervisors, managers and other workers to meet requirements of the high care line, exhibiting a Can Do attitude.
- Reports unsafe situations and helps find solutions.
- Helps with Safety Sub-committee groups to solve safety problems and fins solutions.
- Quality Reports all foreign material. Boxes are marked and labeled neatly and accurately. Packages are filled with correct weight for each case or tote. Boxes are stacked and stretch wrapped on pallets properly.
- Productivity - Does not talk to others while on the job unless necessary. Does not leave the line without permission from supervisor. Line does not need to stop or slow down due to your inability to keep packages filled, labeled, palletized, inspected, etc.
- Job Knowledge Has attended all required training classes and follows company procedures.
- Reliability Always on the line with proper gear at start of each shift and after break periods.
- Independence Keeps work area clean and free from debris. Ensures gear and equipment are clean and sanitized.
- Adherence to Policy Adheres to all safety conduct rules and company policies.
- Interpersonal Relationships Smiles and speaks about positive things when communicating with others. Reports challenges to supervisor to handle.
- Judgement Makes good decisions regarding defective product removal. Asks supervisor for clear instruct6ions when necessary. Informs supervisor or areas of concern.
- This job has different qualification levels 1-3. Level 1 requires all packaging skills. Level 2 requires this plus the knowledge and ability to complete sanitation in high care Wet Packaging. Level 3A requires the previous skills from levels 1 and 2 plus the knowledge and ability to complete sanitation in High Care Blancher/Chiller. Level 3 B requires the previous skills from levels 1 and 2 plus the ability to complete sanitation in High Care Freeze Tunnel.
- Other related duties may be assigned by the supervisor.
- It is not necessary for this position to do every assignment included in this job description although it is preferred. If an accommodation is needed for any of these assigned tasks, you must submit a request with Human Resources Manager. This request must then be officially approved before it can go into effect. For those needing an accommodation it may be requested for even just one day.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential Functions.
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee frequently is required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to pallet stack no less than twice a day at a minimum of 2 hour increment, 5 hour minimum per shift. Employee is required to perform the tasks of at least three stations in this department.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near airborne particles. The employees is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.