Thank you for your support:
Peel Production Supervisor
Provides training and supervision of peeling and sanitation employees involved with the peeling and trimming and inspection lines. Supports all programs and policies that ensure that product is of the highest quality, meets specifications and is safe, legal and wholesome.
Benefits - Full Time Employees
- 401(k) with Company match
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company paid Life insurance
- Paid sick Leave/Paid time off
- 7 paid Holidays
- 5 extra Floating paid holidays
- Personal leave up to 60 days
- Free childcare
- Free Naturopathic doctor visits
- Pet insurance
- Scholarships opportunities
- College tuition reimbursement
- Cross-training options
- Career Building
Equal Opportunity Employer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides training and supervision to ensure that employees are performing assigned work properly.
- Evaluates subordinate performance, communicates with employees and provides information on improvement.
- Monitors production to ensure that safety, quality and cost standards are maintained.
- Monitors condition of processing equipment, communicates to maintenance department about any needed equipment repair.
- Enforces company work rules and safety guidelines.
- Completes shift reports daily.
- Completes annual required training classes.
- Ask questions when necessary to plan for next shift.
- Ensures all employees are wearing proper gear and following GMP program.
- Ensures all employees have sanitized their hands at start of shift and when returning from break periods.
- Ensures peeling production area is clean, neat and free from debris at all times.
- Adheres to all safety, conduct rules and company policies as outlined in employee handbook and other company policies and programs.
- Asks supervisor for clear instructions when necessary.
- Informs supervisor of area of concern.
- Completes checks on the metal detector and follows the policies and procedures related to these checks.
- Completes the check on the scales to ensure they are weighing accurately and takes corrective action if necessary to be in compliance with the Boardman Foods policies.
- Checks all WP onions going into CDR for quality as well as FIFO (first in first out).
- Looks ahead on whole peel schedule to ensure correct onions (grade and FIFO) are being put into CDR as well as notifying Production Manager with issues you may see with onions going to CDR.
- Other related duties may be assigned by the supervisor.
- It is not necessary for this position to do every assignment included in this job description although it is preferred. If an accommodation is needed for any of these assigned tasks, you must submit a request with Human Resource Manager. This request must then be officially approved before it can go into effect. For those needing an accommodation it may be requested for even just one day.