We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed and fiber to over 19,800 customers who range from multi-national, world famous brands to small family run businesses.
Each customer depends on us to provide goods and services that are safe, on-time and consistently in line with the required specification. They also rely on us to help them innovate and create new opportunities.
Established in 1989, and now listed on the Singapore Exchange, our team of 74,500 full-time, seasonal, and contract employees have built leadership positions in many of our businesses such as Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton, Edible Nuts and Spices.
As well as growing crops in our own orchards and estates, and sourcing from around 4.8 million farmers globally, we operate over 160 processing facilities, and through our 14 innovation centers. We develop ingredients and find solutions for our customers. Our value chain spans over 60 countries. We also provide support services including risk management solutions and agri-logistics.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Processing Lead will oversee all aspects of the receiving process. This role is responsible for supervising the effectiveness of the team and is required to provide guidance to support team members. The Processing Lead should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth and effective operations and report issues to management immediately.
- Ensure the crews know their assignments and expectations for the shift
- Maintain daily dryer paperwork with accuracy
- Maintains expectations of producing the highest quality product at the lowest cost
- Reviews appearance of all product and processes daily
- Teach and train all personnel in the safe and sanitary operation of the plant and equipment.
- Lead the sanitation crews in meeting the cleaning schedules
- Supervise and direct plant sanitation bi-weekly wet prep cleanups
- Maintain a clean, neat, and sanitary appearance of self and facility
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Safety orientated with the ability to recognize and correct safety issues required
- Assist with maintenance and over-haul of all equipment as necessary
- Teach, communicate, and enforce all company policies and procedures
- Assist in all departments during the non-processing season or as assigned
- Work with maintenance daily to inform them of any possible machinery problems
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or secondary certificate preferred
- 1 to 3 years of onion dehydration or other food industry experience preferred
- Six months leadership role or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, is preferred
- Knowledge of quality standards and sanitation procedures preferred
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form preferred
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Computer skills, including e-mail and Microsoft Office are required. Previous experience with SAP is preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, is required. Ability to communicate with all levels across the organization will be required.
- Able to develop and write procedures, routine reports, and correspondence
- Must be open to work any shift and work weekends when required. Will be required to work long days/nights during the season, and flexibility will be required. A day shift schedule will be followed for the remainder of the year, typically May thru August.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of industrial processes, control, and automation required.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; conditions; extreme cold; heat and possible risk of electrical shock.
- Forklift Certification will be required
- All Personnel are required to attend Food Safety Training Annually
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: US-Talent.Acquisition@olamnet.com
At Olam, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.