We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed and fiber to over 19,800 customers who range from multi-national, world famous brands to small family run businesses.
Each customer depends on us to provide goods and services that are safe, on-time and consistently in line with the required specification. They also rely on us to help them innovate and create new opportunities.
Established in 1989, and now listed on the Singapore Exchange, our team of 74,500 full-time, seasonal, and contract employees have built leadership positions in many of our businesses such as Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton, Edible Nuts and Spices.
As well as growing crops in our own orchards and estates, and sourcing from around 4.8 million farmers globally, we operate over 160 processing facilities, and through our 14 innovation centers. We develop ingredients and find solutions for our customers. Our value chain spans over 60 countries. We also provide support services including risk management solutions and agri-logistics.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will oversee all aspects of receiving, production, preparation, fresh pack, repack and warehousing. This role is responsible for supervising the effectiveness the team and is required to provide guidance to support team members. The Production Supervisor should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth and effective operations and report issues to management immediately.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment. Ensure employee work habits and routines are in line with required health and safety protocols.
- Perform routine safety and food safety inspections. Participate in and lead internal audits with internal and external customers.
- Interpret and enforce company policies and regulations. Partner with other Olam leaders to create and implement needed programs.
- Ensure proper training of all production personnel. Provide feedback after training as warranted.
- Ensure production process follows Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs).
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution and leadership. Provide employee coaching and performance improvement plans as warranted.
- Perform accident investigations, document findings, and share findings with appropriate teams.
- Manage and track ongoing inventory levels.
- Manage department priorities established by senior Olam leadership. Provide feedback on goals and production requirements.
- Manage and approve employee timecards and track absenteeism and perform attendance coaching as needed.
- Assist Human Resources with hiring, onboarding, and scheduling of production personnel.
- Communicate all production related information to production employees. Ensure information is shared timely and with appropriate parties.
- Train and develop staff on the production process and procedures. Provide performance feedback on said performance.
- Provide input to senior leadership on appropriate production budget. Ensure budget goals are adhered to.
- Lead and support the daily tailgate meetings covering pressing issues, plant performance, and training.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area throughout the facility and office area.
- Participate in and lead Plant Committees and initiatives.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with customers, vendors, employees, and peers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or post-secondary certificate required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Three (3) years plant experience in food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry is required. Candidates with a Bachelors’ degree may substitute degree for two (2) years of required experience.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record is required. Will be required to occasionally maintain and operate an Olam vehicle.
- Bi-Lingual, English and Spanish, is preferred.
- Computer skills, including e-mail and Microsoft Office are required. Previous experience with SAP and ADP is preferred.
- Strong organizational and planning skills are required.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, is required. Ability to communicate with all levels across the organization will be required.
- Must be open to work any shift and work weekends when required. Will be required to work long days/nights during the season, and flexibility will be required. A day shift schedule will be followed for the remainder of the year, typically May thru August.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of industrial processes, control, and automation required
- Travel for this position is minimal but may be required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: US-Talent.Acquisition@olamnet.com
At Olam, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.